To help you make an informed and considered purchase we have listed below our Key Buying Tips.
1. Read our Television Guide to help you understand the differences between the types of TV models and technologies available (3D, Plasma, LED, OLED and 4K displays).
2. Measure the space where the TV is to be placed (height, width and depth) to ensure that the TV (and any stand) will fit comfortably.
3. Look at the layout of the room and identify the different seating positions and different viewing angles.
4. Take a careful note of the viewing angle from any main seating that is not directly in front of the TV.
5. Measure the distance between the main seating positions and the television screen.
6. Use our Screen Guide to identify the maximum and minimum recommended viewing distances by screen size.
7. Visit our Latest TV's and Prices to identify which TV models best meet your viewing needs and how much money you need to budget for.
8. Ensure you read the latest product reviews (written by consumers) on the most popular Review Sites as well as those found on the relevant Online Retailer Sites.
9. Take a look in local stores to see the picture quality of different manufacturers' models (based on the distances and viewing angles that you measured from your room).
10. Listen to the TV's audio quality at different sound levels to check for any sound distortion and check the ease of use of any controls (on both the TV and the remote).
11. Use our Free Top Ten Prices To Your Mobile Phone service to identify the best pricing currently available when you are buying from a high street retail store so that you can negotiate a price match and save money on your purchase.
12. Ensure that you buy from a reputable retailer and clarify whether the purchase price includes the delivery and setting up of your new television in your home otherwise you will need to make your own arrangements.
To get started simply measure up and visit Step 1 of our Television Buying Guide.